Current Employment Opportunities
ABI Community Coach / Per Diem
Salary: $12:00 per hour
- Implement a wide range of vocational, community, leisure and daily living activities with individual with neurological impairment.
- Provide assessment, training and counseling in the areas of: self-care; medication/health management; task completion; communication and interpersonal skills; socialization; sensory/motor skills; problem solving skills; money management; ability to maintain a household; vocational skills (attendance, compliance, attention span, etc.); and judgment and reasoning.
- Provide one-to-one supervision of designated consumer.
- Assist consumer in maintaining and tending to medical needs.
- Ensure resident’s medical, dental, dietary, psychological and all other service recommendations and treatments are followed through as identified on the individual’s Plan of Service.
- Acquaint consumer with satisfactory work habits, rules, and job skills as required by competitive employers.
- Plan and implement independent living skill strategies for the areas including, but not limited to: budgeting, grooming, home maintenance, food preparation, purchasing items of basic need (food, clothing, incidentals).
- Assess, teach and assist individual in performing the basic functions of independent living: time management, organization, task completion, etc.
- Associates Degree in Psychology, Human Services, or related field
- Work experience maybe considered in lieu of degree.
- Two years experience in working with persons with cognitive or neurological impairment or related disabilities, in community settings.
Variety of hours available: day, evening and weekends
08/25/16 - Bridgeport / Norwalk Area
08/25/16 - New Haven Area