Current Employment Opportunities
Community Activities Coach - Alzheimers Program
Salary: $12.00 per hour
- Design and implement individualized social/recreational activities both in-house and in the community for seniors to successfully particiapte.
- Provide direct supervision to all consumers participating in the social, recreational, therapeutic or educational programs.
- Assist in the development of the monthly program calendar.
- Provide program coverage when needed at Senior Options program.
- Provide hands on personal care which may include toileting, feeding, cleaning and all other activities of daily living skills.
- Ability to transfer individuals requiring personal hygiene care.
- Provide physical intervention which may include lifting, mobility, first aid and safety evacuations.
- You are required to be in possession of a car on site during your entire shift to transport yourself and/or consumers to community sites in all weather conditions and throughout all neighborhoods.
- Associates Degree in Gerontology, Human Services or related field.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Two years experience working with older persons with disabilities preferred.
- One year experience working with persons with Alzheimer's disease.
- CNA experience a plus.
07/13/15 - 40 hrs. / Bridgeport
Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.