Current Employment Opportunities
Community Experience Program Manager
- Implement and supervise a comprehensive vocational, educational, community experience satellite program for persons with challenging disabilities and behaviors and/or persons interested in non-work community involvement.
- Act as Case Manager to assigned caseload and other consumers as necessary.This may include, but is not limited to providing physical and crisis interventions, individual and group counseling, teaching, and advocacy.
- Supervise all staff assigned to the program site including aides, volunteers, students and/or DDS auxiliary staff.
- Research, develop and implement individualized habilitative, vocational and volunteer options for consumers in program.
- Coordinate inter-disciplinary team approach and supervise and implement person centered Plan of Service process.
- Develop and implement individual program plans, transitional and behavior plans.
Hours: 40 hrs. - Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (flexibility required) must be available to work before 8:00 a.m. and after 4:00 p.m.
- Bachelors Degree in Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling or related field. Masters Degree preferred.
- Two years experience working with persons with intellectual disabilities and challenging behaviors preferred.
- Valid Drivers License and ability to possess a Sate of CT Public Service License.
- You are required to be in possession of a car on site during your entire shift to transport yourself and/or consumers to community sites in all weather conditions and throughout all neighborhoods.
- Must maintain CPI, CPR and First Aid certification.
- Work a flexible schedule that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
- Provide hands on personal care which may include toileting, feeding, cleaning and all other activities of daily living skills.
- Ability to transfer individuals requiring personal hygiene care.
- Have physical endurance to use physical crisis intervention techniques.
- Provide physical interventions which may include lifting, mobility, first aid and safety evacuations.
- Depending upon assignment, must be able to work in a variety of settings, weather conditions and locations.
09/08/16- Project Ability / Trumbull
08/23/16- Project Option / Woodbridge