Current Employment Opportunities
Community Inclusion Counselor
Salary: $ 29,786
- Serve as Case Manager for assigned consumers which may include: physical assessment, independent living skills training, job placement and coaching, leisure activities, crisis intervention and advocacy, community based assessments.
- Create and implement a wide range of community inclusion programs with individuals with disabilities and/or neurological impairments.
- Develop community inclusion plans, volunteer sites and community-based recreation sites for consumers.
- Assess, teach and assist individual in performing the basic functions of independent living: time management, organization, task completion, etc. in accordance with individual plan.
- Provide training to prepare individuals for employment and/or community inclusion by acquainting consumers with satisfactory habits, rules and job skills.
Hours: 40 hrs. - Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (flexibility required) must be available to work before 8:00 a.m. and after 4:00 p.m.
- Bachelors Degree in Psychology, Rehabilitation Counseling or related field.
- One year experience in working with persons with intellectual disabilities preferred.
- Valid Drivers License and ability to possess a State of CT Public Service License.
- You are required to be in possession of a car on site during your entire shift to transport yourself and/or consumers to community sites in all weather conditions and throughout all neighborhoods.
- Must maintain CPI, CPR and First Aid certification and eligible for DDS medication certification
- Work a flexible schedule that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
- Provide hands on personal care which may include toileting, feeding, cleaning and all other activities of daily living skills.
- Ability to transfer individuals requiring personal hygiene care.
- Have physical endurance to use physical crisis intervention techniques.
- Provide physical interventions which may include lifting, mobility, first aid and safety evacuations.
- Depending upon assignment, must be able to work in a variety of settings, weather conditions and locations.
08/15/16 - Project Enable - Monroe
11/19/15 - Project Triumph - Trumbull