Current Employment Opportunities
Community Inclusion Counselor / On-Call
Salary: $14.32 per hour
- Create and implement a wide range of community inclusion programs with individuals with disabilities or neurological impairments.
- May serve as Case Manager for assigned consumers which may include: physical assessment, independent living skills training, job placement and coaching, leisure activities, crisis intervention, advocacy, community based assessments.
- Implement independent living skill instruction, including, but not limited to budgeting; grooming; home maintenance; food preparation; and the purchasing of items of basic need (food, clothing, and other incidentals).
- Provide vocational training and career counseling to prepare individuals for supported employment and/or competitive employment by acquainting consumers with satisfactory work habits, rules and job skills.
- Bachelors Degree in Rehabilitation Counseling or related field.
- Masters Degree preferred.
- One year Vocational Rehabilitation experience required with particular emphasis on job development.
- One year experience in working with persons with disabilities, cognitive or neurological impairments preferred.
- Valid Drivers License.
- You are required to be in possession of a car on site during your entire shift to transport yourself and/or consumers to community sites in all weather conditions and throughout all neighborhoods.
- Must maintain CPI, CPR and First Aid certification.
- Work a flexible schedule that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
- May provide hands on personal care which may include toileting, feeding, cleaning and all other activities of daily living skills.
- May require the ability to transfer individuals requiring personal hygiene care.
- May require the physical endurance to use physical crisis intervention techniques.
- May provide physical interventions which may include lifting, mobility, first aid and safety evacuations.
- May be required to communicate in another language and understand another culture i.e., Spanish, sign language.
Typically 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday with flexibility to work evenings, nights and weekends