Current Employment Opportunities
Counseling Services & Career Development Manager
- Supervise, coordinate and facilitate vocational counseling and employment planning services for assigned consumers, which may include: job skills, career exploration, job development, job placement, career counseling, internships, situational assessments, on or off site job coaching/support, advocacy.
- Market directly to various employers within the community to develop individualized and group employment options.
- Research and coordinate all service planning in preparation of IP DDS Waiver planning.
- Liaison with representatives from DDS regarding specific consumer outcomes by participating in all IP meetings.
- Research and develop budgets that meet consumers needs and ensure all available financial resources are utilized and meet fiscal compliance for agency reimbursement and ensure all necessary waiver documents are completed and submitted to all appropriate parties.
- Assist in downsizing the workshop by providing strategic planning and community placement assistance, developing community-based jobs for consumers based on individual choice and needs.
- Supervise Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors and assigned Community Placement Specialist.
- Bachelors Degree in Rehabilitation Counseling or related field. Masters Degree preferred.
- Two years experience in supervisory position in field of vocational rehabilitation.
- Strong organizational skills mandatory.
- Valid Drivers License.
- You are required to be in possession of a car on site during your entire shift to transport yourself and/or consumers to community sites in all weather conditions and throughout all neighborhoods.
- Must maintain CPI, CPR and First Aid certification.
- Work a flexible schedule that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
- Provide hands on personal care which may include toileting, feeding, cleaning and all other activities of daily living skills.
- Have physical endurance to use physical crisis intervention techniques.
- Provide physical interventions which may include lifting, mobility, first aid and safety evacuations.
- Knowledge and skills in Word, Excel and the internet.
10/06/16 - 37.5 hours
Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. - flexibility required