Current Employment Opportunities
Day Health Services Nurse - Per Diem
Salary: $25.00 per hour
- Provide health care services including, but not limited to: responding to medical emergencies; dispensing medications; tracking medications; accompanying patients to emergency room/hospital.
- Participate in nurse on-call rotation.
- Coordinate the medication administration/self administration for all day program consumers.
- Develop and review tracking procedures to monitor use, training and update physician orders for adaptive equipment at all assigned sites.
- Provide direct educational programs for staff and consumers in health related issues, including nutrition, exercise, blood pressure, eye care, etc.
- Provide ongoing information and advise the day staff regarding delivery of health services.
- CT Licensed Registered Nurse, Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Experience working with people of all ages with disabilities preferred.
- First Aid/Community CPR Instructor's Certification.
- Valid Drivers License.
- You are required to be in possession of a car on site during your entire shift to transport yourself and/or consumers to community sites in all weather conditions and throughout all neighborhoods.
- Must maintain CPI, CPR and First Aid certification and eligible for DDS medication certification
- Work a flexible schedule that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
- Provide hands on personal care which may include toileting, feeding, cleaning and all other activities of daily living skills.
- Ability to transfer individuals requiring personal hygiene care.
- Have physical endurance to use physical crisis intervention techniques.
- Provide physical interventions which may include lifting, mobility, first aid and safety evacuations.