Current Employment Opportunities
Expessive Arts Facilitator/Therapist
Salary: $15.00 per hour
- Develop and implement an expressive therapy program which interfaces with the individual clinical, behavioral and sensory needs of each referred individual to include a variety of disciplines.
- Develop expressive supports throughout all of the C.E. Department.
- Conduct individual and group sessions in the area of art, music, movement, drama.
- Administer expressive therapy evaluations to consumers referred for service.
- Maintain appropriate plans, progress notes, and evaluative program reports on all consumers enrolled in program.
- Act as a resource for C.E. Program Managers in the areas of expressive and sensory activities.
Hours: See below
- Bachelor's Degree in Expressive Therapy or related field.
- Master’s Degree in Expressive Therapy preferred.
- Professional registration in Art, Music, Dance preferred.
- One year experience working with people with disabilities and behavioral challenges.
- Experience working with persons with autism or the PDD spectrum preferred.
- Valid Drivers License.
- You are required to be in possession of a car on site during your entire shift to transport yourself and/or consumers to community sites in all weather conditions and throughout all neighborhoods.
- Must maintain CPI, CPR and First Aid certification.
- Work a flexible schedule that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
- Provide hands on personal care which may include toileting, feeding, cleaning and all other activities of daily living skills.
- Have physical endurance to use physical crisis intervention techniques.
- Provide physical interventions which may include lifting, mobility, first aid and safety evacuations.
08/20/15 - 20 hrs. - Project Act / Southbury
Monday through Friday: between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
with one hour flexible
09/23/16 - 40 hrs. - Project Bridge / Stratford
Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
09/23/16 - 20 hrs. - Project Spirit / Trumbull
Monday: 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Tuesday through Friday: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
11/17/16 - 25 hrs. - Project Option / Woodbridge
Monday through Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.