Current Employment Opportunities
Individual Respite Worker / Temporary
Salary: $ 13.00 per hour
- Assist in the implementation of a wide range of educational, community, leisure and daily living activities for DDS consumers under the Title 19 Waiver Program.
- Provide instruction and training in one or more need areas to enhance the individual's ability to live independently in their own home, family home, and enhance the individual's ability to access and use the community.
- Carry out the goals and objectives as outlined in planning documents.
- Implement all therapeutic recommendations including speech, OT, PT and assist in following special diets and other therapeutic routines.
- Initiate crisis intervention (CPI) techniques as needed to ensure care, health and safety of all individuals.
- Implement strategies to address behavioral, medical or other needs identified in the individual plan.
- Organize records as assigned for Kennedy Center billing records.
- Maintain accurate records, data sheets, case notes, crisis interventions and other program recordings according to Agency and CARF standards
- High School diploma.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- Experience in working with adults with development disability.
- Valid Drivers License and ability to possess a Sate of CT Public Service License if required.
- You are required to be in possession of a car on site during your entire shift to transport yourself and/or consumers to community sites in all weather conditions and throughout all neighborhoods.
- Must maintain CPI, CPR and First Aid certification.
- Work a flexible schedule that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
- Have physical endurance to use physical crisis intervention techniques.
- Provide physical interventions which may include lifting, mobility, first aid and safety evacuations.
08/23/16 - Norwalk - 6 hrs. - Friday: 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
08/23/16 - Fairfield - 9 hrs. - Monday through Wednesday: 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p .m.
08/23/16 - Fairfield - 8 hrs. - Saturday and Sunday: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
08/23/16 - Shelton - 6 hrs. - Thursday and Friday: 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.