Current Employment Opportunities
Job Coach - Maintenance
Salary: $ 12.00 per hour
- Function as the maintenance job coach within Kenn Klean which will include, but not be limited to: direct supervision of consumers in the maintenance program, meet contractual requirements of all contracts, perform maintenance job functions as required, and provide work training to prepare consumers for competitive employment.
- Supervise and train consumers in all phases of janitorial work.
- Maintain a professional relationship with all customers and site managers.
- Perform hands on cleaning to include but not be limited to: sweeping, mopping, general cleaning, buffing, carpet cleaning, stripping and waxing.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Keep equipment in good working condition.
Hours: See Below
- High School Diploma, Associates Degree or work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Two years experience working with persons with disabilities or working on maintenance work crews.
- Experience in most aspects of janitorial service.
- Experience working with persons with challenging behaviors.
- Ability to operate maintenance equipment including carpet shampooer and buffing machine.
- Valid Drivers License and ability to possess a Sate of CT Public Service License.
- You are required to be in possession of a car on site during your entire shift to transport yourself and/or consumers to community sites in all weather conditions and throughout all neighborhoods.
- Must maintain CPI, CPR and First Aid certification.
- Work a flexible schedule that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
- Provide hands on personal care which may include toileting, feeding, cleaning and all other activities of daily living skills.
- Ability to transfer individuals requiring personal hygiene care.
- Have physical endurance to use physical crisis intervention techniques.
- Provide physical interventions which may include lifting, mobility, first aid and safety evacuations.
- Depending upon assignment, must be able to work in a variety of settings, weather conditions and locations.
- Distribute and utilize equipment and work materials, which frequently include lifting, carrying, pushing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching and climbing.
04/27/17 - 39 hrs.
Monday: 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Tuesday: 1:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 1:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Thursday: 1:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Friday: 1:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.