Current Employment Opportunities
- Act as Maintenance Manager for Kennedy Center work crews to include but not limited to: direct supervision of all maintenance Job Coaches, maintenance workers, and assist coordinator; supervision and instruction of all consumers while on a Kennedy Center work crew; compliance with all specifications from Kennedy Center maintenance contracts; closing of 39 Lindeman Drive building, maintenance and logistical needs of 39 Lindeman Drive.
- Cost effective purchasing of supplies for all contracts.
- Scheduling of staff and consumers to meet contract specifications and vacation schedules.
- Insure consumer compliance with all OSHA regulations and procedures.
- Meet specification needs of all customers including holiday coverage, special requests.
- Hands-on maintenance cleaning as needed to include but not be limited to: stripping and waxing, buffing, carpet cleaning, mopping and general cleaning.
- On-call to respond to emergency needs at maintenance building and all weekend/night contracts.
- Preparation of consumers for competitive employment through training of appropriate work habits and skills.
- Maintain work areas and office free of hazards with materials well organized and work crews well trained.
- Distribute and utilize equipment and work materials which frequently include lifting, carrying, climbing, stooping, kneeling, and reaching.
- Oversee all rehabilitation paperwork to include attendance, rated wages, data collection, goals and assessments.
- Develop inventory system for all supplies.
- Complete all maintenance quotes, budgets and staff scheduling.
Hours: 40 hours
Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Flexibility required including morning, evening and weekend hours.
- Associates Degree required. Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Four years experience in building maintenance and two years of building maintenance supervision.
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to possess a State of CT. Public Service License.
- You are required to be in possession of a car on site during your entire shift to transport yourself and/or consumers to community sites in all weather conditions and throughout all neighborhoods.
- Depending upon assignment, must be able to work in a variety of settings, weather conditions and locations.
- Must maintain CPI, CPR and First Aid certification.
- Knowledge and skills in Word, Excel and the internet.
- Work a flexible schedule that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
- Provide hands on personal care which may include toileting, feeding, cleaning and all other activities of daily living skills.
- Ability to transfer individuals requiring personal hygiene care.
- Have physical endurance to use physical crisis intervention techniques.
- Provide physical interventions which may include lifting, mobility, first aid and safety evacuations.