Current Employment Opportunities
Regional Mobility Manager / Northwestern CT
- Provide outreach, information, education to people with disabilities, senior citizens, veterans, human service professionals and other populations in the Northwestern CT area.
- Create a variety of original materials/curriculum to educate and disseminate transportation related information to target populations and raise awareness of the Mobility Management project.
- Plan and conduct outreach events to target populations in the Northwestern CT area.
- Research all available transportation resources (public and private) that could be utilized by people with disabilities and/or senior citizens residing and/or working in the Northwestern CT area and compile these resources into an accessible guide available in print electronically.
- In collaboration with the Steering committee, develop a plan to distribute collected information to target populations.
Hours: 37.5 hours
Monday through Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Flexibility required - evening and weekends
- Bachelors Degree in Human Services, Rehabilitation, Psychology, Social Work or Transportation Planning or related field.
- Two years experience working with people with disabilities, veterans and/or senior citizens preferably in community education/outreach programs. Experience working with transportation providers preferred.
- Must have knowledge of social science research methods and statistics.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish strongly preferred.
- Valid Drivers License.
- You are required to be in possession of a car on site during your entire shift to transport yourself and/or consumers to community sites in all weather conditions and throughout all neighborhoods.
- Depending upon assignment, must be able to work in a variety of settings, weather conditions and locations.
- Must have knowledge of internet-based social media, web design, and electronic design and publishing software programs as well as Word and Excel.