Current Employment Opportunities
- Create and implement a wide range of independent living, vocational, community, leisure and daily living activities with individuals with neurological impairment.
- Provide assessment, training and counseling in the areas of: self-care; health management; task completion; communication and interpersonal skills; socialization; sensory/motor skills; problem solving skills; money management; household management; vocational and educational skills; judgment and reasoning.
- Act as service coordinator and case manager for assigned cases, ensuring all necessary services and resources are accessed to assist individual in transitioning to independent living.
- Develop a person-centered comprehensive rehabilitation service plan for all assigned individuals to increase individual’s independence post injury.
- Provide one-to-one intensive training and support of designated consumers which may include direct hands-on care.
- Assess, plan and implement independent living skills strategies/instruction, including, but not limited to: home organization & maintenance; meal planning, food purchasing, and meal preparation; financial management & budgeting; grooming & hygiene; medical maintenance, etc.
- Design and develop compensatory strategies or access assistive technology to minimize barriers.
- Plan, organize and support individuals in accessing local community and redeveloping natural supports.
- Provide educational/vocational training and career counseling to prepare individuals for community employment by acquainting consumers with satisfactorily work habits, rules and job skills through the development and implementation of prevocational skills activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Rehabilitation, Psychology or related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Four years’ demonstrated experience in working with persons with brain injuries/ neurological impairments.
- Ten years’ demonstrated experience in working with persons with brain injuries/neurological impairments may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Valid Drivers License.
- You are required to be in possession of a car on site during your entire shift to transport yourself and/or consumers to community sites in all weather conditions and throughout all neighborhoods.
- Must maintain CPI, CPR and First Aid certification.
- Work a flexible schedule that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
- Provide hands on personal care which may include toileting, feeding, cleaning and all other activities of daily living skills.
- Ability to transfer individuals requiring personal hygiene care.
- Have physical endurance to use physical crisis intervention techniques.
- Provide physical interventions which may include lifting, mobility, first aid and safety evacuations.
04/12/17 - 37.5 hours / West Haven area
Monday through Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (flexibility required)