Current Employment Opportunities
Residential Counselor / On-Call
Salary: $12.00 per hour
- Provide supervision and counseling to residents so as to foster their individual growth and development.
- Ensure resident's medical, dental, dietary, psychological and all other service recommendations and treatments are followed through as identified on the Individual's Overall Plan of Care.
- Responsible for supervision of leisure skill activities, preparing meals, cleaning and household chores.
Hours: Various hours / on-call
- High School Diploma, Bachelors Degree in Human Services preferred.
- One year experience working with persons with disabilities preferred.
- Valid Drivers License and ability to possess a Sate of CT Public Service License.
- You are required to be in possession of a car on site during your entire shift to transport yourself and/or consumers to community sites in all weather conditions and throughout all neighborhoods.
- Must maintain CPI, CPR and First Aid certification and eligible for DDS medication certification
- Work a flexible schedule that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
- Provide hands on personal care which may include toileting, feeding, cleaning and all other activities of daily living skills.
- Ability to transfer individuals requiring personal hygiene care.
- Have physical endurance to use physical crisis intervention techniques.
- Provide physical interventions which may include lifting, mobility, first aid and safety evacuations.