Current Employment Opportunities
Residential Counselor / Overnight Awake
Salary: $12.00 per hour plus $.20 differential
- Provide supervision and counseling to residents so as to foster their individual growth and development.
- Ensure resident's medical, dental, dietary, psychological and all other service recommendations and treatments are followed through as identified on the Individual's Overall Plan of Care.
- Responsible for supervision of leisure skill activities, preparing meals, cleaning and household chores.
Hours: See below
- High School Diploma, Bachelors Degree in Human Services preferred.
- One year experience working with persons with disabilities preferred.
- Valid Drivers License and ability to possess a Sate of CT Public Service License.
- You are required to be in possession of a car on site during your entire shift to transport yourself and/or consumers to community sites in all weather conditions and throughout all neighborhoods.
- Must maintain CPI, CPR and First Aid certification and eligible for DDS medication certification
- Work a flexible schedule that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
- Provide hands on personal care which may include toileting, feeding, cleaning and all other activities of daily living skills.
- Ability to transfer individuals requiring personal hygiene care.
- Have physical endurance to use physical crisis intervention techniques.
- Provide physical interventions which may include lifting, mobility, first aid and safety evacuations.
04/13/16 - Carroll Apts. / Bridgeport - 30 hrs.
Saturday: 10:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. Sunday
Sunday: 10:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. Monday
Monday: 10:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. Tuesday
04/20/16 - Dot's Place / Stratford - 37.5 hrs.
Friday: 8:30 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. Saturday
Saturday: 8:00 p.m. to 9:00 a.m. Sunday
Sunday: 8:30 p.m. to 9:30 a.m. Monday
02/24/16 - Probus / Bridgeport - 40 hrs.
Sunday through Wednesday: 10:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m.