Current Employment Opportunities
Therapeutic Recreation Specialist
Salary: $14.32 per hour
- Organize, plan and implement recreation and therapeutic activities both in-house and in the community for groups as well as individual porgramming.
- Provide direct supervision to all consumers participating in the recreation/therapeutic programming
- Provide direct on-site supervision to any volunteers assisting with programming.
- Maintain accurate consumer records and files with reports as to consumer progress
- Bachelors Degree in Therapeutic Recreation or related field.
- One year experience in conducting recreational activities with people who are cognitively, psychiatrically or physically disabled.
- Valid Drivers License and ability to possess a State of CT Public Service License.
- You are required to be in possession of a car on site during your entire shift to transport yourself and/or consumers to community sites in all weather conditions and throughout all neighborhoods.
- Depending upon assignment, must be able to work in a variety of settings, weather conditions and locations.
- Must maintain CPI, CPR and First Aid certifications and eligible for DDS medication certification.
- Provide hands on personal care which may include toileting, feeding, cleaning and all other activities of daily living skills.
- Have physical endurance to use physical crisis intervention techniques.
- Provide physical interventions which may include lifting, mobility, first aid, and safety evacuations.
11/12/15 - 25 hours
Monday through Friday - 3 to 5 days per week - 5 to 8 hrs. per day.
Flexibility required for evening and weekends