Current Employment Opportunities
Transit Education Coordinator
- Contact high school and agencies that work with senior citizens throughout CT to arrange presentations on transportation and travel training.
- Develop and implement transportation awareness and mobility instruction curriculum for high school students with disabilities and seniors throughout CT.
- Maintain up to date knowledge about public transportation and its providers throughout CT and identify transit issues affecting seniors and high school students with disabilities and address those issues in appropriate forums.
- Provide direct travel training as requested throughout CT for persons with disabilities and seniors.
- Develop curriculums for persons with a disability and seniors to safely access public transportation.
- Act as liaison and maintain open communication between the agency and various stake holders including family/friends of consumers, other service providers and transit personnel.
- Perform all duties of a travel trainer including intake and assessments, travel planning, instruction, follow-up and retraining.
- Implement community safety, utilization and emergency/crisis programs.
Hours: 40 hrs. per week
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Flexibility to work nights and weekends required.
- Bachelors Degree in Human Services, Rehabilitation, Psychology, Social Work or Education.
- One year experience working with persons with disabilities in community education programs.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish strongly preferred.
- Valid Drivers License.
- You are required to be in possession of a car on site during your entire shift to transport yourself and/or consumers to community sites in all weather conditions and throughout all neighborhoods.
- Depending upon assignment, must be able to work in a variety of settings, weather conditions and locations.
- Must travel statewide.
- Must maintain CPI, CPR and First Aid.
- Knowledge and skills in Word, Excel and the internet.