Current Employment Opportunities
Salary: $12:00 per hour
- Transport consumers in agency vehicles in all weather conditions and throughout all neighborhoods.
- Monitor, hear and respond to information received over 2-way radio.
- Act as Transportation Driver for Kennedy Center para-transit system which may include but is not limited to, providing scheduled van services to adults with disabilities, in a variety of road and weather conditions, communicating with clarity and professionalism to all riders, parents, and staff, assisting passers on and off the van as needed.
- Insure compliance of all safety precautions including the daily use of seat belts and any other restraining devices.
- Submit all required paperwork including but not limited to daily run sheets, travel log sheets, maintenance repair sheets, incident reports, accident reports.
Hours: See Below
- High School Diploma.
- Valid Drivers License and eligible for State of CT Public Service License.
- Must pass driving test both written and road and maintain a satisfactory driving record.
- Must maintain CPI, CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must be able to sit for a two hour continuous period or more behind a steering wheel.
- Move weights up to 20 lbs. on a constant basis and 50 lbs. on an occasional basis.
05/17/13 - 10 hours
Monday through Friday: 6:45 a.m. to 8:45 a.m.
06/18/13 - 26.75 hours
Monday through Friday: between 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and 1:45 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
12/04/13 - 10 hours / Woodbridge
Monday through Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
12/05/13 - 20 hours
Monday through Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.