Current Employment Opportunities
Youth Autism Services Coordinator
- Provide oversight and direct services to all aspects of Social Activity Groups and other group programs for children and young adults, ages 3-21, with autism spectrum disorders and other special needs and their families including but not limited to marketing, programming, supervision of staff, volunteers, interns, intakes and case management.
- Work closely with Autism Project Manager in the ongoing development of existing programs as well as new innovative programs/services; incorporating evidence-based practices.
- Oversee all aspects of contract(s) with community-based summer camp program(s) i.e. Camp Tepee.
- Function as department liaison and work closely with other departments in recruitment, training and supervision and evaluation of volunteers, interns and work study students.
- Work closely with supervisors in the development of grant proposals for future funding of programs/services.
- Provide direct support to children involved in one to one contracts and other program areas where coverage is needed.
- Promote programs through presentations at conferences, parent groups, service clubs, school groups, etc.
- Bachelors Degree in Therapeutic Recreation, Special Education or related field. Masters Degree preferred.
- Experience working with children with autism, behavioral challenges and other disabilities required.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations.
- Valid Drivers License and must pass driving test both written and road and maintain a satisfactory driving record.
- You are required to be in possession of a car on site during your entire shift to transport yourself and/or consumers to community sites in all weather conditions and throughout all neighborhoods.
- Depending upon assignment, must be able to work in a variety of settings, weather conditions and locations.
- Must maintain CPI, CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must have physical endurance and skills to participate in community play groups/recreation/social programs/classes for up to 90 minutes.
- Knowledge and skills in Word, Excel and the internet.
01/04/16 - 37.5 hrs.
Tuesday through Friday: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.