Federal Work-Study is a government-funded program awarded to students who qualify and demonstrate financial need and meet federal work-study requirements. Eligible students have the option to work at The Kennedy Center and therefore gain valuable work experience. Generally, students work six to ten hours a week but can work a maximum of twenty hours per week. Students are paid per hour and are compensated on a weekly basis.
Participation in the work-study program can be beneficial for students in the following ways:
- Help pay for education and other related expenses
- Encourage community service and work related to a student’s field of study
- Students gain valuable work experience
- Improve job search, time management and budgeting skills
- Help to further a student’s resume
- Reference or recommendation for future employment