Community Placement Specialist - Bi-lingual/Spanish
- Market to local employers to develop both individualized and group employment opportunities.
- Coordinate and facilitate services for assigned consumers which may include:career exploration, job development, job placement, career counseling, on or off site job coaching/support, advocacy.
- Provide case management services as necessary.
- Provide supports, based on individual need, to assist consumers to become employed in a competitive setting and to retain that employment.
- Provide job development and employment supports on or away from the job site as needed.
- Develop community based jobs for consumers based on individual choice and needs.
- Provide vocational training and career counseling to prepare individuals for supported employment and/or competitive employment by acquainting consumers with satisfactory work habits, rules and job skills.
- Develop placement plans, evaluation sites and community based jobs for consumers.
Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Flexibility required with nights and weekends.
- Bachelors Degree in Rehabilitation Counseling, Psychology or related field.
- Masters Degree in Rehabilitation Counseling or related field preferred.
- One year job development/employment experience with people with mental illness preferred.
- Bi-lingual required.
- Valid Drivers License.
- You are required to be in possession of a car on site during your entire shift to transport yourself and/or consumers to community sites in all weather conditions and throughout all neighborhoods.
- Must maintain CPI, CPR and First Aid certification.
- Work a flexible schedule that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
- Have physical endurance to use physical crisis intervention techniques.
- Provide physical interventions which may include lifting, mobility, first aid and safety evacuations.
11/19/15 - 17.5 hrs.