Special Instructor / Birth to Three - Per Diem
Salary: $26.07 hourly
- Design and implement, through a transdisciplinary model, a therapeutic play group for children ages birth to 5 with and without special needs.
- Serve as Case Manager to assigned case load and coordinator children's services. This may include, but is not limited to: providing physical and crisis interventions; teaching and advocacy.
- Coordinate, develop and implement home visits for special instruction services.
- Coordinate PT, OT and S/L services of assigned team therapists.
- Track and follow through on all periodic reviews in accordance with Birth to Three and Kennedy Center policies.
- Work to be performed in a pre-school classroom and home environments which will include sitting on the floor and being outdoors.
- Bachelors Degree in Special Education, Masters Degree preferred.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Certification from State Department of Education in Special Education. Endorsement O65, 112 or 113 required.
- Experience with children/families and early intervention services preferred.
- Experience working with culturally diverse population.
- Valid Drivers License. Must pass driving test both written and road and maintain a satisfactory driving record.
- You are required to be in possession of a car on site during your entire shift to transport yourself and/or consumers to community sites in all weather conditions and throughout all neighborhoods.
- Must have physical endurance/skills to participate in playgroup environment for up to 90 minutes.