Translator / Birth to Three - Spanish - On-call
Salary: $13.00 per hour
- Provide oral translation for primary language spoken by family receiving services from The Kennedy Center.
- Be available to communicate and convey messages to the families as needed.
- Provide translation in a variety of settings based on location of therapeutic/clinical services and/or meetings held.
- Translate documents/reports or any form written communication for families preferred.
- Assist program staff with translation as needed.
- Participate in family and professional meetings.
Between the hours of Monday through Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Schedule is based on family needs. Flexibility required
- High School Degree.
- Proficiency in English and designated language required.
- Translation experience preferred.
- Experience working with culturally diverse population.
- Must relate well to children and their families; good interpersonal skills and be culturally sensitive.
- Valid Drivers License. Must pass driving test both written and road and maintain a satisfactory driving record.
- You are required to be in possession of a car on site during your entire shift to transport yourself and/or consumers to community sites in all weather conditions and throughout all neighborhoods.
- Manage flexible work schedule.