Transportation Driver / Support Coach
Salary: $12.24 per hour
- Transport consumers in agency vehicles in all weather conditions and throughout all neighborhoods.
- Monitor, hear and respond to information received over 2-way radio.
- Act as Transportation Driver for Kennedy Center para-transit system which may include but is not limited to, providing scheduled van services to adults with disabilities, in a variety of road and weather conditions, communicating with clarity and professionalism to all riders, parents, and staff, assisting passers on and off the van as needed.
- Insure compliance of all safety precautions including the daily use of seat belts and any other restraining devices.
- Submit all required paperwork including but not limited to daily run sheets, travel log sheets, maintenance repair sheets, incident reports, accident reports.
Hours: See Below
- High School Diploma.
- Valid Drivers License and eligible for State of CT Public Service License.
- Must pass driving test both written and road and maintain a satisfactory driving record.
- Must maintain CPI, CPR, Defensive Driving and First Aid certification.
- Must be able to sit for a two hour continuous period or more behind a steering wheel.
- Move weights up to 20 lbs. on a constant basis and 50 lbs. on an occasional basis.
- You are required to be in possession of a car on site during your entire shift to transport yourself and/or consumers to community sites in all weather conditions and throughout all neighborhoods.
- Work a flexible schedule that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
- Provide hands on personal care which may include toileting, feeding, cleaning and all other activities of daily living skills.
- Ability to transfer individuals requiring personal hygiene care.
- Have physical endurance to use physical crisis intervention techniques.
- Provide physical interventions which may include lifting, mobility, first aid and safety evacuations.
09/21/18 - 32.5 hours
Between Monday through Friday: 6:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. and 2:15 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
09/05/17 - 16.25 hours
Monday through Friday: 2:15 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
08/24/18 - 25 hours
Monday through Friday: 6:45 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.