ADA Paratransit Consultation
ADA Paratransit Consultation Program was originally started to assist paratransit agencies to implement a functionally based eligibility process for ADA paratransit.
Such a process promotes:
- Assurance that the applicant’s rights are protected
- Enhanced customer service
- The dissemination of information about the service to the applicant
- An awareness of the rider’s needs to better serve them
- Worked with 7 different transit agencies to implement an interview assessment process for ADA paratransit applicants.
- Developed training materials for determining ADA Eligibility.
- Consulted on a variety of issues that have arisen while providing service.
- Provided training to transit staff on the requirements of the ADA.
- Developed “What’s your Policy?”, a guide designed to assist transit agencies in designing and reviewing their paratransit policies.
- Presented the program at statewide and national venues.
- Trained and supervised staff to conduct paratransit eligibility reviews on a temporary basis.
For more information, please contact the Senior Transit Assessment Coordinator at (203) 365-8522, ext. 2061 or email.